So your Valentine’s Day date is going great, way better than expected, and it’s looking like some hot sex might be where this is headed. But, d’oh, you forgot the condom! What to do? Well, San Francisco-based condom manufacturer L. is now launching a new project to “save your date,” as they say: a condom delivery service.
That’s right, starting on Valentine’s Day, L will have a bike messenger deliver one of its high-quality, socially conscious, sustainably produced love gloves anywhere in San Francisco that you need it, within one hour, for just $5. That, my fellow lovers of lovings, is quite a deal.
“We are rethinking condoms in many ways,” company founder and CEO Talia Frenkel tells the Guardian.
She started the company after working as a photojournalist and Red Cross worker in sub-Saharan Africa covering the AIDS crisis, an experience that lead her to create a condom company that delivers one free condom to Africa for every condom purchased here. Frenkel has also has tryied to innovate with the materials the company uses and the way it markets and distributes the condoms.
That led to her latest idea: “What about how we actually deliver it? More and more, we are living in an on-demand culture.”
So she partnered with bike messenger companies in San Francisco and Los Angeles and voila, condom deliveries. Or as Frenkel put it, “The idea is how do we save people’s dates.”
To order yours, call 213-935-0843, order via the company’s website, or use the cell phone app that is coming soon.
Most Commented On
- Most all of it proven true by - March 7, 2014
- You need a degree in naiveity to work for SFBG - March 7, 2014
- If venture capitalists were - March 7, 2014
- Here is what would happen: - March 7, 2014
- Maybe you just banned for long, rambling, opaque, off-topic - March 7, 2014
- Did you donate your speaker's - March 7, 2014
- If cars and pedestrians have to obey the law then it is not - March 7, 2014
- HSR - March 7, 2014
- Victims of Groupthink - March 7, 2014
- It is fascinating to me how - March 7, 2014