Rec & Park cancels meeting on controversial renaming of Golden Gate Park building
The Guardian has learned that today's [May 1] meeting of the Operations Committee of the San Francisco Recreation and Park Commission has been cancelled. Commissioners were going to discuss a single item on the agenda, the renaming of a Golden Gate Park facility at 811 Stanyan Street as the Jake Sigg Stewardship Center.
That item was controversial. This is why.
Most Commented On
- Eris Mars daughter was getting second hand soda? - July 23, 2014
- Bill would tax companies with wide CEO-worker pay disparities - July 23, 2014
- The only "funny" thing... is - July 23, 2014
- We don't need a masterpiece - July 23, 2014
- We must be multicultural and diverse - July 23, 2014
- Muni is an anachronism - July 23, 2014
- The sick-out made me a - July 23, 2014
- Muni fares should reflect costs - July 23, 2014
- Growth potential - July 23, 2014
- TIFF diary #2: dead cheerleaders + Tsai, Hong, and Breillat - July 23, 2014