All photos by Charles Russo
Fans of the Dodos flocked to the Great American Music Hall on Wednesday night, to catch the band’s final performance of its latest tour. It was a glorious homecoming played out before an adoring Bay Area crowd as Meric Long and company turned out a dynamic set that seamlessly alternated between quietly beautiful and downright fierce.
The band leaned heavily on material from its fifth album, Carrier, to deliver a dozen songs of its distinctive sound, and re-assert its status as one of San Francisco’s finest exports.
Most Commented On
- I thought it was spelled "neverwear" - July 23, 2014
- Yes, because a climate - July 23, 2014
- marke, are you saying that you officially support Emma's - July 23, 2014
- Uber’s secret, “proprietary” insurance policy leaked - July 23, 2014
- Explain how your comment makes any sense and then - July 23, 2014
- Hate - July 23, 2014
- Emma, we are giving you an opportunity to disown your racist - July 23, 2014
- Because SFBG firmly believes that each culture is an island - July 23, 2014
- A statement about the Guardian - July 23, 2014
- Whites, apparently, even though "Emma" is surely white - July 23, 2014