Boiler Room (aka the world’s leading underground music show) is coming to San Francisco for the first time. That SF Boiler Room event, which will be beamed to laptops and cellphones worldwide, is the official Treasure Island Music Festival after party. It features a DJ set from legendary DJ-producer-MC Madlib and super secret special guests.
You have to RSVP here to get the secret location. But we do know it’ll be Oct. 19 from 10pm-4am.
Boiler Room has hosted webstreaming live sets by up-and-coming DJs and hip-hop artists for years now. It began in London, focused on underground dance music, but has since exploded far beyond those bounds. Recent Boiler Room artists include Chvrches in London, Truss in Amsterdam, Femme En Fourrure in Helsinki, Jerome LOL in LA, and Marcel Dettmann in Berlin.
Earlier this year, Boiler Room founder and CEO Blaise Bellville told Billboard, “Especially in the UK, everyone knows what Boiler Room is...It’s become an absolute essential for any artist to promote — any artist in the credible music world, whether they’re aspiring pop musicians, or whether they want to stay underground. Everyone has to play at Boiler Room because it offers more license than any other live or archive platform there is.”
Check some popular previous Boiler Room episodes below:
- tgHUPEceXz - August 20, 2014
- gHeGhFjtipHYKGusOx - August 20, 2014
- FzyeZUSPqTrG - August 20, 2014
- Bill would tax companies with wide CEO-worker pay disparities - August 20, 2014
- mkNknhdOvrnlDEcQc - August 20, 2014
- bIKuyUaxhMbZ - August 20, 2014
- aOuGxWYgxmYVGlz - August 20, 2014
- vHDarynxQxksWqdlaTz - August 20, 2014
- Questions raised by staff cutbacks at the Exploratorium - August 20, 2014
- gYeZRaORbakjVvVxM - August 20, 2014